Welcome to my Amazon Affiliate Site Case Study! It is been a month+ since I started this case study and am at the point where I should be. If you are reading this for the first time, you should probably check out my first post on this series here.
What Progress I have made so far…
Article in a Glance
Amazon Affiliate Site Case Study 2016: Update 2
Adding Content to my Amazon Niche Website:
So far, I have 6 pillar content added to my website with supporting pages. Each pillar content has 2000 to 4000 words articles and about 3 of them have 600 to 1200 words supporting articles that is also known/called child articles.
See what I mean in the diagram below;
And without building any Backlinks, the site is already ranking in the top 150 for majority of its keywords. This is the power of Siloing! And trust me, If I start building backlinks to this website, in 30 days time. This website will be in top 10 to 50.
My current Ranking
For those who want to know, am using Serpbook, which is one of the best SERP tracker in the world today!
Am still going to add more supporting articles to all 6 pillar content pages and thereafter stop there until I see more improvement in ranking.
I don’t know for sure if the 30 days google sandbox is real… Although this niche site has passed 30 days, am going to build social signals to the homepage as well as all the 6 pillar pages/parent pages. This will include Facebook shares, Facebook likes, Twitter retweets/shares/favorites, Linkedin, Google Plus/Shares, Pinterest etc.
I want to personally see if there is going to be any change in ranking using social signals. I will not start link building until the end of this month (March 2016).
Am heading over to upwork or freelancer to get someone who will build links for me on all the top social networks.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
This is the final step… The type of Backlinks you build will either make or mar your website. So it is always good to go for quality links.
Am not going to start link building until the first week of April 2016. And this what am going to do.
1. Build 50 Web 2.0s properties to the site homepage (Each web2.0s will have 3×600 words 100% handwritten articles)
2. Build at least 10 web2.0s for each parent/pillar pages
3. Build Tier 2s and T3s to the web2.0s.
4. Submit 1000+ words to 3 authority websites with DA70+ (hopefully I will get accepted)
5. Wait for another 30 days before I start building more backlinks to diversify.
You Can Start your Amazon Niche Website today
This post is not just about me and my amazon affiliate site case study. It is about you putting everything you have learned into practice!
If just one person can benefit from this amazon affiliate site case study, then I think it is a success. Like the caption in the image above: Success results from putting an idea into effect. Until you do this, your ideas are worth $0.
To summon it up, here are the things you will need to get started in building amazon affiliate website.
1. Keyword Research: This is very important, you can build a website on any keyword or niche. But if you don’t have enough resources and SEO know how. You might never make a dime from it. So always go for the easiest keywords available.
I shared free keywords in my last update and a few people were interested in that. I gave it to 2 lucky people. And trust me, you can start banking with those keywords within three months! I may do this again.
2. Domain and Hosting: After you have done your keyword research, it is time to get a domain name and hosting, I have been using Bluehost for years and I recommend them!
3. Content: You can either write this yourself or hire someone to write it for you. Write more informational articles about your niche, and a few product reviews… With this, google will not see your website as thin content site and penalize it.
Follow me on this journey and start making money online!
My next update will be on actually building links, the web2.0s am using and others!
Latest posts by frank joseph (see all)
- 7 Tips for Making a Profit when Buying and Selling Websites - July 19, 2017
- 7 tips to make extra cash every month - July 17, 2017
- 9 Signs That Paperless Office Is The Future - July 16, 2017